An NFO file will usually contain important information on the installation and use of the download it accompanies.
It is a good idea to read over NFO files, they can usually clarify any problems you are having with your download or direct you to where you can find help.
There are programs out there especially for opening an NFO file but these are not necessary.
ALL you need to open and view an NFO file is notepad!
To open an NFO file follow these simple steps:
- Right click on the .nfo file and select "open with".
- Click On "choose program"
- This will open a window titled "open with".
- Find and select "notepad" from the list of programs.
- Check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
(this way you wont have to repeat these steps the next time you open an NFO file)
- Click "OK" to save the settings and open the NFO file.
Tutorial by DizzyAngelDemon.
Edited by DizzyAngelDemon, 12 October 2012 - 08:53 PM.
re-posted the images