DeathMarine

General of the Army

• Administrators
  • 208,021 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

School Days(スクールデイズ)

http://anonym.to/?http://www.d-dream.com/detail.php?arg_tno=1146

Vague Game Description by White Masq
Our hero Makoto has a crush on a girl. He walks around with her photograph on his person most all the time. She goes to the same school and goes home on the same train, but it seems like she never notices him. Many attempts at letting his feelings have been taken in typical “high school crush” fashion; notes are written, he’s been asking people to confess for him, etc. However, most of these attempts have been for naught. Now he’s resorted to asking the girls of the class to help him out. By doing this, he starts to get the help of one of them, and with her alliance there might be a chance. But will he start having feelings for her as well?

Magnet Link
Attached File  hshare.net.School.Days.torrent   45.69KB   7410 downloads

Attached Thumbnails

• hshare.net.School.Days (1).jpg
  • hshare.net.School.Days (2).jpg
  • hshare.net.School.Days (3).jpg
  • hshare.net.School.Days (4).jpg

#2 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for reposting this m8. Apologies for being part of the problem for it disappearing to begin with.

For those looking for more information on the game can look at the School Days Wiki

It's 100% voiced and plays just like an anime. ( I believe the School Days Anime that is currently out uses the same voice actors and identical art )

After you finish the game you can use the replay feature to literally sit and watch the entire thing play out for several hours right before you. There are 21 endings so when I say that this "is an anime with 21 different endings" it really is.

I cannot say enough good things about this. Currently using this to study up on my kanji. Good stuff.

The sequel to this is Summer Days which is also available on this site.

Here is a translated School Days Technical FAQ that may help you.

#3 White_Masq

White_Masq

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:33 AM

I lose more vague game descriptions that way. ^_-

#4 frontline

frontline

Captain

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:36 AM

The review is up in the Hentai Reviews section. :D

#5 Hikaru

Hikaru

Civilian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for reposting. :D Good game, can someone mind linking me to the Atlas or w/e it was called? Would like to try that out.

#6 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

I'll give you a link here to start with. However I do not know if it works with School Days. Also do not ask for anything else about translation software at this site beyond what you already have.

#7 Hikaru

Hikaru

Civilian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

Thanks. I knew it was wrong to ask about translation patches and such, but I didn't think it was wrong to ask about translation software in general... My bad. XD

#8 pimpinguy123

pimpinguy123

Civilian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

there used to be a game save download.... where did it go?, do you need it to save the game?

#9 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:35 AM

Lol, you do not need it to save the game. A save game download would only cover 1 of the 21 endings so it would not really be benefit you. Its much more interesting to see what happens as of the choices you make.

#10 ichigo1411

ichigo1411

Civilian

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

does this game work for windows vista??? o_O

#11 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

I have not heard anybody say that it did not work for it back when this thread had 15 pages to it.

#12 jayus

jayus

Civilian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

anyone here knows about the walkthrough.....im desperate to see kotonoha ending........please reply if someone knows bout the faq

#13 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

Try this translated walkthrough. ->> Linkified

or this one. ->> Linkified

#14 jayus

jayus

Civilian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

thanx for the reply....and i would like to ask...how do i use this walkthrough...im really confused because all the choice in the game are writen in japanese??do they have something that i can notice during the choice decision..like the picture of the kanji or something???

#15 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Actually now that you mention it the text that appears on the webpage does appear to be exactly what appears in game.

When you are playing the game Kanji will appear towards the bottom of the screen, but you only have 6 or so seconds to act, if you do nothing you end up sitting there staring at her giving her the "Silent Treatment" which can sometimes be good or bad.

So if you really wanted you could pick an ending and go with it. If you did this you would want to have 2 printouts next to you so you know what is going on.

Games like this motivate me to learn Japanese more and more. Lately its been a large factor for me. If you do not know Japanese then you may want to start learning. If you are still in any form of school I highly recommend Japanese over anything else.

Failing that, then google "sekaiproject" and read the first entry. You'll just have to hope that they finish.

I do not use the walkthrough because I love the thought of discovering all 21 endings.

Untranslated Walkthroughs for your convenience.

Linkified

Linkified Again

So using one of the beginning examples you would have:

第一話 だったら?
★タイムアウト★

----------------------

First story When is?
* Timeout *

Just print out both pages and go nuts I suppose. Hope that helps.

#16 skun

skun

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

Hello everyone.

i installed the game and update, everything went smoothly, but when i run the game and click start game, no image appears.. only sounds..

can anyone help me out please?

thanks.

#17 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

Go through the checklist.

Other mentionable things include needing a codec that you should get if you update your windows media player. ( 9 is required but I Think 11 is out now ). This game uses DirectX so make sure that you reinstall directx. Also make sure that you are using the correct sound and video drivers.

You also need a video card with more than 64MB ( So basically 128MB ) of RAM according to the tech specs.

Other stuff is covered in the FAQ on the first page.

#18 skun

skun

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:52 PM

Go through the checklist.

Other mentionable things include needing a codec that you should get if you update your windows media player. ( 9 is required but I Think 11 is out now ). This game uses DirectX so make sure that you reinstall directx. Also make sure that you are using the correct sound and video drivers.

You also need a video card with more than 64MB ( So basically 128MB ) of RAM according to the tech specs.

Other stuff is covered in the FAQ on the first page.

well i have the latest Media player, i have the latest DirectX, i use KLite codec pack in full installation (the pack i use to see anime and movies which never gave me any problem..)
my graphics card is a ATI Radeon X1600 PRO.. i believe i also have the latest drivers for it..

i can't really find a problem here >_<

#19 twi41

twi41

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

The problem is that you are not doing anything to fix your problem. I used to use K-lite but I also know that codecs can be very fickle.. and I suggested that you update your Media Player.. not tell me what codec packs you have installed.

At either rate, its easy to say that "I have this or that so it should be fine" but if you have a problem then you are obviously not OK. You need to start being proactive and try to fix things instead of just looking at it.

Again, look at the Checklist that I mentioned earlier and start reinstalling the things that are required. This is an easy game to get to run if you are up to spec but everybody has at least one game that has given them trouble at one time or another. When that time comes you still have to do basic troubleshooting. If you want do nothing that is your decision too.

#20 skun

skun

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

well sorry to be a pain but what i did was:
Actualization of the DirectX,
Actualization of my graphics card drivers,
Actualization of my K-Lite codec pack,
still doesn't work.
I run my windows in japanese mode and i have applocale installed.

the game still doesn't show any image lol.

what Codecs do you use or recommend me to try out?

Oh and i tried checking out all the checkboxes in SDConfig.exe and making the colours 16bit and the result was the same >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

gainful-flame
gainful-flame
gainful-flame
gainful-flame