• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#41 frontline

frontline

Captain

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Well I would have liked it to have been for another site, but I guess I can forgive you if you can mention that your signature was made by your good friend DizzyAngelDemon from Hshare :P

About the first one did you want the entire signature to be larger or just the font?

And would you like for me to try a different font with the second one, and did you want the border around the image or the font?

or do you want me to leave them as is

Make both of the signature's larger if possible and the second one try a different font and put a border around around the signature. (So the white doesn't melt into the color of the board.)

#42 Aznslacker

Aznslacker

Sergeant

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

oooh, cool looking sigs there... yeah, my comp broke down yesterday, so I'm kind of on my roommate's computer... hopefully I can clear history quickly enough to erase my track xD

Since this is DizzyChat, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement that idea on maybe IRC. After all, I've seen 2 hour games of Mafia on IRC before, and I just figured that having someone DMing a D&D online game might leave most of the imagination to the players...

#43 Dizzy

Dizzy

General

• Admin
  • 15,142 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

we do have an IRC channel, though it doesn't get much traffic at all. I don't even really bother to get on it. I created this so people can keep in touch with me if they like since I never seem to have the time to get on our IRC channel. I'm sure if you ask around some people from this site might be interested in some online play. You probably want to use the proper IRC channel for that since the one for hshare is kinda for hshare related talking or random chat, not sure if it is the best place to start a game. Thanks for the compliments on the sigs...

I'll get the revised ones to you tomorrow frontline

If you enjoyed this hentai please consider supporting the creators by purchasing this title

FYI for those who don't know I'm a GIRL!! Yes a girl who loves and shares hentai o.O
"More Hentai Than You Can Shake Your Stick At!!"
hentai-anime-downloads-mini-banner-2.png
HentaiAnimeDownloads.com "It's how I do hentai!!"

---------------------------

Follow HShare on TWITTER | NEW ? Need HELP ? Read this !! THE HSHARE FAQ's | Please read THE HSHARE RULES

Premium accounts are available again on RABIDfiles.com!!
Go RABID and get downloading!!

#44 07cbdj

07cbdj

Colonel

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

Nice sigs, Dizzy. :P

I haven't been hearing much from anyone else today, I wonder what you are all up to and how things are going. Don't forget to write me once and a while :P

Had a test yesterday (I failed miserably). Will have one tomorrow (I expect that to go much better). After that I'm free! :P

~Dv
Seeding: ----
LoLuserbar.png

EVEuserbar_zpsc7f49afa.png

#45 Dizzy

Dizzy

General

• Admin
  • 15,142 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

That really sucks about the test, what was it on if I might ask. Actually what is it you are studying? (sorry if I have asked this before, my memory is bad. I think I asked HellMaster three times before I started to remember what he is studying :P )

But a "YAYS" that those tests will be over after tomorrow (well hopefully for a little while) :)

I just got back from San-Fran, I went in to get some tea at LUPICIA. If any of you like tea and live near one of these I suggest getting some. It's one of my little indulgences that I treat myself to from time to time. They may seem kinda pricey but the tea really go a long way (you don't need much at all) and the quality is worth it, at least to me.
Well I'm off to make some tea; it's between "paradise green" (a green tea with tropical fruit flavors) or "DARUMA" (a black tea with Indian fruit flavors) ... I also have a delicious "Melon Oolong" (simply amazing both in taste and aroma and also a favorite of DeathMarine) and a Lychee Oolong (I love lychee tea, I only recently discovered this berry... boy was I missing out. Though it's not the best fresh :P ).

Oh frontline in case you check in I just want to let you know I haven't fixed up your sig's yet but I will get to those before the night is up (well my night at least)!!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

If you enjoyed this hentai please consider supporting the creators by purchasing this title

FYI for those who don't know I'm a GIRL!! Yes a girl who loves and shares hentai o.O

Follow HShare on TWITTER | NEW ? Need HELP ? Read this !! THE HSHARE FAQ's | Please read THE HSHARE RULES

#46 HellMaster

HellMaster

Major

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Nice sigs, Dizzy. :)

Had a test yesterday (I failed miserably). Will have one tomorrow (I expect that to go much better). After that I'm free! :P

Monday is my last test... for the month... I THINK.
It's Calculus, and the teacher is aching to FUCK with us. So I'm pretty sure I'll just have my cute ass kicked. :)
But on the good side, I did well on all the tests I had this week.
I might consider studying calculus this weekend. I kinda need to do well on the test to avoid flunking... but I'm too busy. I just got DjMax Portable 2, and GOD, IT'S ADDICTING! And well... I MEAN IT!

#47 07cbdj

07cbdj

Colonel

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

You deserve it. ;)

I study medicine. I'd like to become a surgeon.
Wednesday's test (neuroanatomy) was identifying parts of the brain. Today's test (physiology) wasn't easier but I hope it'll be better. Monday's test (biochemistry) was quite difficult too. The main problem was that I had to study for 3 tests at the same time. I should have focused on 2 of them... But now I have a few weeks to relax. Only to have another 3 tests aftzer that...

Fortunately these tests don't affect the final exams so there's nothing at stake, but still, I feel bad about them.

~Dv
LoLuserbar.png

#48 Aznslacker

Aznslacker

Sergeant

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

@Dizzy: Oooh, that tea sounds real good~~ one of my roommate's makes peach tea from those packets... it's highly addictive.... *salivates*

@Hellmaster: GJ on the tests man, I had a midterm this wednesday, and I think I flunked it... it was on Databases... and I've been falling in my performance in my Computer Science classes.... *sigh* That aside, I performed pretty well on my economics midterm exams...

@07cbdj: I really feel sorry for you man... one of my roommates (I have 3) wanted to become a doctor, but he didn't do too well in his pre-med programs, so he's pretty much been derailed... though I do hope that you end up really getting fine into that field...

#49 Machine 9000

Machine 9000

Captain

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

on times like these you really wish everything could be as easy as it was back when you were 6 years old
Man, talking about computer sciences, i remember that i have a final project for lab 1 to be finished in 20 days, a job for architeture 2, and tuesday i'll know how fucked i got in the calculus 1 test. Kinda saddening

#50 Dizzy

Dizzy

General

• Admin
  • 15,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:30 PM

Awww even though it sounds like you are all working hard at school I'm envious and a little jealous, I miss the abundance of knowledge you get from school. I'm always trying to read up on one thing or another or many things at once, but it's not the same as attending a class on any given subject.

I love hearing about what you are all up to, it sounds like I am surrounded by many intelligent men... *tries not to drool* (what! so I have a thing for intelligence, in men at least *blush* )... knowledge is power after all and what girl doesn't like to be overpowered by her man!!
Let's see I have a few congratulations to pass along;

First off congrats to HellMaster on work well done!! But, don't get too caught up in that new game or you'll regret it when the next test results are in... and besides if you play it too much then I might end up missing you :)

07cbdj WOW just WOW *smiles* a surgeon, need I say I am impressed! I guess I have to ask are you into that whole doctor patient fetish or do you have a thing for those cute anime/hentai nurses (yeah my mind wanders). I wish you the best of luck with your studies, in such a profession studying seems to be a never ending thing with the advances in the methodology and technology and such. What year are you in and how many will you have to complete before you are finished with school. Oh and I just was wondering if you know what you will specialize in, if you have any preference.

Thanks Aznslacker *smiles* I tried the green paradise yesterday and I think it's now my new favorite (DeathMarine thinks it's amazing too), today I tried the DARUMA and since it is a back tea rather than a green tea it is much stronger, it has cherries in it so as the tea steapped the water looked like it was bleeding :P . Even though it is strong I still think it's real good but I have a feeling that most people would add sugar and/or possibly milk to it, since it does have more of that traditional tea flavor (I prefer mine to be black, and it's healthier that way)

Ah Machine 9000 wouldn't it be great if one could go back to being a kid, just for a little while like a nap or a pick me up. Just pop back to being a worry-less child for a while and unwind then pop back to the now (assume your childhood was a pleasant enough one). From time to time I get nostalgic for how it was when I was much younger (I didn't really like my teen years but then again who really does) but I wouldn't give up what I have now to go back and relive it, just a visit from time to time would be nice. It's strange cause it's not so much that I miss being a kid cause for the most part I'm still a kid, I miss that time period, it was definitely a different world back then (but as a kid I honestly didn't have a realistic grasp as to what that world was, not a clue, but that is one of the perks to being a kid, the ability to coast through life completely unaware or the reality that surrounds you) I guess sadly ones childhood is something that we can never recapture.
It seems like you are very busy with school too, I hope you have enough time to get all that finished. What is it you are studying to become?

How did you guys know what you wanted to be, was there a reason you decide on your particular field. I still struggle to figure out what I want to do with my life, I seem to coast from one project to another. Maybe I'm not meant to be any one thing..?

OK I have been writing so much that I'm starting to forget what I've said :P , I guess I'll give someone else a chance to talk

Always a pleasure to hear from you :)

LATERS ^_^

#51 frontline

frontline

Captain

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Does anyone know how to show single post links?

#52 Dizzy

Dizzy

General

• Admin
  • 15,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

above each post on the right hand corner there is a post number by clicking on it you get the link to that post. (at least it's like that for me)

#53 07cbdj

07cbdj

Colonel

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for your good wishes, Dizzy and Aznslacker.

Awww even though it sounds like you are all working hard at school I'm envious and a little jealous, I miss the abundance of knowledge you get from school. I'm always trying to read up on one thing or another or many things at once, but it's not the same as attending a class on any given subject.

Believe it or not, I feel the same. Well, almost the same since I can't miss it (yet). But I do like learning new stuff, even if I'm never going to use it. I'd like to learn a few langauges too...

(what! so I have a thing for intelligence, in men at least *blush* )

Shouldn't DM be flattered? :)

Nah, I'm not really into nurses, I like maids more. But cuteness sure is great. ;)
I've liked biology and chemistry since high school and always liked to help others, plus I was always curious about how our body works, especially the brain (and mind?). It was a natural decision to study medicine. (Previously I wanted to study law, but it has turned it's not my thing.) I'm confident that I'll be able to finish my studies, there's no problem there. ^_^ And yes, I know that I'll can't stop learning after I've finished here, I'll have to keep up with the newest discoveries/improvements. Won't be easy, but it can be done, can't it?

When I've started my studies my goal was to become a brain surgeon or a brain researcher. Right now I see heart surgeon as another possibility, but who knows what will the future bring?

Not being anything and "coasting from one project to another" is also a way of life. Maybe you will find something interesting enough in the future, maybe you'll go on like this forever. It doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it. :)

Btw, tests. Yesterday's physiology test was an unexpected success. :P

~Dv
LoLuserbar.png

#54 Dizzy

Dizzy

General

• Admin
  • 15,142 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:38 AM

Congrats on the great work 07cbdj!!!
It definitely sounds as though you are in the right field. Keep up the good work so I can call on you if ever I need a surgeon and no offense but I hope that I will never have to call you (at least not for that reason)

Thanks for the encouraging words as well :D

and I have told DeathMarine many many times how much he turns me on, I hope by now he understands how I feel for him. :)

frontline I realized that I never posted your new/revised signatures I finished then the other day... oops (I'll send those to you)

#55 Aznslacker

Aznslacker

Sergeant

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:33 AM

Hmm... it's quite true that I think almost all of us miss the childhood stage to some degree, but I think some of the behavioral/psychology books would tend to say that an overattachment to the memories of childhood would tend to become repression/some sort of freudian screwup as adults... so I try to be realistic. I.E. if I feel like not upholding my responsibilities, I understand that if I always uphold them, I'd drive myself crazy. So I make it an impression that I'm not someone who can always uphold those responsibilties... at least not yet. Give me a few more years to turn into a boring old perverted creepy guy. <_<

That said, I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. It was in high school that one of my teachers (in Chinese school - boo the horrific memories of losing saturdays!) taught me about how much corruption was occurring in our political system. And that's probably why I'm so anti-Republican for the moment... though I'm sure if we were to go into a political discourse, which is not the purpose of this thread... Democrats are just as corrupt/inefficient. (As an aside, I did listen to a lecture by Senator Feingold of Wisconsin, and it does seem like our politicians aren't quite as corrupt as we would like to think... it seems as though the proposals given to the Legislature are just so comprehensive that we're not given the whole picture in debates. For example, Senators could favor an entire proposal, but certain pork-barrel things attached to the end would cause them to wretch in horror, and reject it. So there's quite a bit of prioritizing going on for the government officials.) That said, growing up I have always pictured Doctors and Lawyers and businessmen as leeches on society. This was because given what they produced, they couldn't really feed themselves with it, or even feed others. Since then, I have come to see that it's some doctors and lawyers and businessmen that are leeches on society, i.e. the ones who get huge paychecks but don't really do anything. The job of doctors is to increase the productivity of our nation (economically speaking), by increasing the working ages of our working population, not to rack in money by trying to save someone who's going to die either way. For lawyers, their job is to fix the kinks in our system, so that we don't have loopholes, and justice works for everyone. What is justice? That's a question I'm willing to talk about... at another time since my post is kind of getting long... I might do a bit of talking on that in another paragraph... Finally, businessmen: I think they're really supposed to think about businesses and to organize them to work more efficiently, and so their paychecks should come out of how much more successful the company is performing this year than last year, instead of a flat rate that seems to increase. If we use the economics Cobb-Douglas production function y=aK^(1/3)L^(2/3) where a is productivity, K is capital, and L is labor, we should see that increases in the business's output/performance is both a factor of capital and labor. Since productivity is ultimately occurring in labor improvements, when businesspeople get paychecks, it should be much smaller, since the actual effort that drives that comes from the peon below who grinds harder. Businessmen's improvements are not worth the cost as anyone on the street, if they analyze the company, could probably come up with a system that works more efficiently with some thought. They just seem to be the ones privileged enough to end up in that spot. And by businessmen I mean CEOs, etc. Not really referring to our advertising people/accounting people who do offer services that actually do things.

On to justice: I've been pondering this, since on one hand, there seems to be a set of ideals that are timeless, while on the other side, there seems to be a need for justice to match today's standards. That said, we can question the timelessness of ideals as just our perception that they are timeless, or we can argue that justice that matches each day's standards are ridiculous and are easily subject to manipulations by government, education, religion, etc. So where is the balance for justice? Ultimately, I think that justice is a sense that is intrinsic, which is why juries should probably play a bigger role. Also, courts should not have limitations that they can only listen to cases one time. Due to this limitation, countless cases have had to be dropped, with people crying for justice, going largely unheard. Now, primarily on abortion, (my personal religious belief is that if you get pregnant, you were screwing around, and you should pay the social stigma/reponsibility for not acting responsibly) in terms of practical needs, I think that abortion would be helpful, as you could lower crime rates, limit the number of people who would have grown up in unloving homes, etc. Benefits are countless. However, this does seem to be a self-reinforcing cycle whereby each generation becomes less and less accountable for their actions. Why should society pay either way for the failures of an individual? If we allow abortion, society pays the cost of abortions. If we don't allow abortions, society pays in higher crime, more welfare payments, etc. Either way, there is no justice given to those who have to foot the bill. On the other hand, even if we care for our neighbor's plight, their need to have an abortion to live, they are exploiting us by messing around with no comprehension of the future costs, and this is very disconcerting. Thus, we have here a conflict. This is a conflict of forebearance (willingness to forgive) versus the desire for justice on our behalf. It's all a very complicated issue.

#56 07cbdj

07cbdj

Colonel

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Tough topic. Wanna join the Philosophers' Corner? xD (Nevermind.)

Justice being timeless? Maybe. Basically, justice is the selfish urge to get revenge.

Dizzy: Where's your third sig?

I think I haven't mentioned this here yet. I picked an awkward username and I can't change it now. My name is Dvid and usually I'm called Dv on the net, so you can call me Dv too. It's much better and easier to remember than 07cbdj.

~Dv
LoLuserbar.png

#57 Machine 9000

Machine 9000

Captain

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Ah Machine 9000 wouldn't it be great if one could go back to being a kid, just for a little while like a nap or a pick me up. Just pop back to being a worry-less child for a while and unwind then pop back to the now (assume your childhood was a pleasant enough one). From time to time I get nostalgic for how it was when I was much younger (I didn't really like my teen years but then again who really does) but I wouldn't give up what I have now to go back and relive it, just a visit from time to time would be nice. It's strange cause it's not so much that I miss being a kid cause for the most part I'm still a kid, I miss that time period, it was definitely a different world back then (but as a kid I honestly didn't have a realistic grasp as to what that world was, not a clue, but that is one of the perks to being a kid, the ability to coast through life completely unaware or the reality that surrounds you) I guess sadly ones childhood is something that we can never recapture.
It seems like you are very busy with school too, I hope you have enough time to get all that finished. What is it you are studying to become?

Maybe the problem is that i do that thing of being a worry-less person a bit too much. When i realize i had something to do is almost always on the deadline, so i rush desperatly to finish it hahaha
For everyone to know how of an example i am, i got my final project of lab 1 (C programming) for somewhere around november teens, which i barely started, a job about the US' 3 most powerful computers for november something, a list of exercises of Linear Algebra (arrays, matrixes, all that shit that even our professor doesn't what the fuck is all that for :) ) and tuesday i'll see how i went on Calculus 1.

I'll find time. After all, i'm already a pro at rushing stuff. I'm stuDying mostly to become a C++ programmer for games (Super Nerd Activate!!), but i'm guessing in the end that it would've been better if i took the psychology major instead. And sometimes (most of the time actually) i just wanna try politics.

(what! so I have a thing for intelligence, in men at least *blush* )

I have loads of it!! Now if i just happen to win in the lotto...

#58 HellMaster

HellMaster

Major

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

Nah, I don't think of myself as intelligent, I'm just smart... I think.

Machine 9000, last year I had a C++ Programming Project for college (Algorithms)... it happened that I just copied the program from one of my mates. I did well... or he did, but I got a good grade anyway.
Well, Calculus, depending on how it is on your college, it's not that hard, but you need to get the feel for Integer and Derivation.
And on Linear Algebra, it's for "Vector Graphics" (I assume you are majoring on Computer Science), since basically everything on computers is vector based, but that's quite useless. You'll probably never use it at all.
BTW, are you in a Federal University?

#59 Machine 9000

Machine 9000

Captain

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

Nah, I don't think of myself as intelligent, I'm just smart... I think.

Machine 9000, last year I had a C++ Programming Project for college (Algorithms)... it happened that I just copied the program from one of my mates. I did well... or he did, but I got a good grade anyway.
Well, Calculus, depending on how it is on your college, it's not that hard, but you need to get the feel for Integer and Derivation.
And on Linear Algebra, it's for "Vector Graphics" (I assume you are majoring on Computer Science), since basically everything on computers is vector based, but that's quite useless. You'll probably never use it at all.
BTW, are you in a Federal University?

Well, anyone that happens to copy or make a rather too similar program gets an automatic 0, so its a lose-lose situation for the people in my class.

The biggest problem of calculus is the professor. Seriously, that man doesn't have the slightest bit of patience and whichever question you make to him he complains "that's something you learn in elementary school (coisa de primrio)", even when you ask how exactly a curve of derivates happen or whatever the fuck else.

Algebra is literally useless. Even vectors/arrays aren't being that used in programming, the only reason to know a little bit would be 3 dimensional ones for modeling in 3D ambients. At least the professor acknowledge the usefulness of it and says that he's teaching it because it's there to be taught hahaha.

Not a federal one, here in the capital the only public one is falling apart, literally (UnB, one the worst of our country). And yes, i'm majoring CS (computer science, not counter-strike lol)

#60 HellMaster

HellMaster

Major

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

LOL
I'm studying Electrical Engineering at UFSM, it's one of the finest Federal Universities we have, it's the 'n 4' E.E. course in Brasil, we are just behind ITA, IME and UNICAMP.

My Calculus B teacher is a PAIN, she says she doesn't like our class, and she's going to rape us in the test.
Algebra's teacher is fine, she's actually a good teacher.
Now, Physics I teacher just couldn't be any worse... he's an ass, he doesn't know how to give a class, and to top it of, he's tests are INSANE. I'm still baffled I did well in his test.

My programming classes are over now, but I still have computer hardware classes, that kinda involve programming (involves I.C.s -- NOR, NAND, XOR, etc...).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

gainful-flame
gainful-flame
gainful-flame
gainful-flame