DeathMarine

.Hito.Ga.Ta.Ruin

ひとがたルイン

Vague Game Description by White Masq

An action-RPG? Nice! In ancient times, in a feudal land, seven clans battle for supremacy and the royal family's favor. There is a tale of legendary weapons called "Makurium", but their existence is considered that of myth. Perhaps to find a way to cease the warring without bloodshed, the princess decrees that she will marry whoever of the seven clans finds any real proof of these weapons. This of course puts those in power in an uproar as they scramble to find them. However, it just so turns out that our hero stumbles upon such a weapon...in the shape of a girl?! Well, if getting an audience and proving her worth isn't enough, all the clansmen are rearing to invade one another again.

post-43-0-65087900-1291284181_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-77674300-1291284181_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-93528100-1291284181_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-10727900-1291284182_thumb.jpg

hshare.net.Hito.Ga.Ta.Ruin.torrent

im having some kind of problem with the game, it installed great, everything works fine in the menus, but once i click start game, it shows me the first image, then my computer reboot :/:P

Heyas!

I use applocale on autorun as instructed. A menu pops up. When i click o what i think is supposed to be "install" the installer bar loads once, but on the 2nd run stops at half way and i get an error: 1628+some jap. characters which i have no idea what they say :) .

Does any1 know if this is fixable?

Hello there

Just finished downloading the game and had the exact same problem as some people above - error 1628

been through applocale, etc.

i understand a little bit of japanese and the error message is roughly translated as:

"script base could not be installed successfully"

any way to fix this problem?

ps. this game comes with windows media player 9, I'm using windows media player 10 at the moment, do i have to reinstall version 9 to play this game?

Thanks for the heads-up DM, now it installs & works perfectly after switching to japanese mode

I did some experimenting and concluded that you MUST switch to japanese mode to install the game

Also, to run this game, you need to execute autorun.exe in your game folder after you install the game...ruins.exe doesn't work

Once again, thanks heaps!

Edit: after further experimenting, it seems that you CAN use applocale to run autorun.exe and play the game if you're not in japanese mode. You will also need to keep the .iso file mounted in Alcohol/Daemon Tools to play the game, otherwise it will say "please insert disk then press retry" or something along those lines.

Hi everyone.

First of all thanks DM for all the great releases! :)

Second, I have a problem with the game installation. I mount the DVD image, launch the installation and the autorun goes through the two installation bars. However when it reaches 100% all the files that were copied on the HD are deleted, and only the empty folder remains. No error messages are shown.

Since I've installed and played other games from this portal, I suppose all the settings (applocale, japanese and whatnot) are fine.

I tried pausing the installation right before it deletes the files and copying them to another folder. This way I was able to save the files from deletion, but when I try to run the game executable I just get this message:

error.jpg

I can't understand what's that, but I suppose it's some error caused by the game missing registry entries, since they were probably deleted at the end of installation.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I was really looking forward to play this game :/

Thanks in advance

Hey Kerth

This game is very picky on the whole installation process and as far as I know, you have to install the whole game properly to be able to play it.

I don't know exactly how to fix your problem but I can give you some pointers:

- The message that you got says something along the lines of "the game hasn't been installed. Please go to the game's installation first."

- Since you didn't come across any error messages during the installation process, I'm assuming that you've switched to japanese mode and ran autorun.exe without using applocale...if not then this is what you should be doing (refer to my post above).

- Look at the size of your HD before and after installation to see if you've installed it in the right place...or if it's even installed at all (should be around an extra 858MB after installation).

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply...

- The message that you got says something along the lines of "the game hasn't been installed. Please go to the game's installation first."

Mmmh, that would probably confirm that it won't work because of the missing registry entries. If anyone could find, extract and send me the game keys, I could try adding them to the registry. It's just a try though.

- Since you didn't come across any error messages during the installation process, I'm assuming that you've switched to japanese mode and ran autorun.exe without using applocale...if not then this is what you should be doing (refer to my post above).

I'm definitely using japanese mode, and just to be sure I tried installing both with and without applocale... same results.

- Look at the size of your HD before and after installation to see if you've installed it in the right place...or if it's even installed at all (should be around an extra 858MB after installation).

I checked again... I stopped the setup right after it reached 100%, the files copied are exactly 858 MB. Then when I let the setup finish, it does something else and all files are completely deleted.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that it's some sort of copy-protection kicking in. It installs the game, then before finishing realizes it's not installing from an original DVD and deletes everything. It's just a guess though, I have no hard facts to support it :)

Thanks anyway!

Well, I was finally able to make it work. It wasn't simple though.

I forced the setup process to create a complete log using this command line:

D:\game\setup.exe /v"/l*v c:\installog.log"

this command asks the setup executable to create a complete log in the file "installog.log" while processing the .msi file using msiexec. If you ever happen to have installation issues, this is the way to go.

Then I read through the installation log. As I suspected, the files were copied and the relevant registry entries added. Then, at some point, it deleted again all files and restored the registry to what it was.

Although I couldn't find what the problem was (the log is often quite cryptic for a non IT pro :) ) I noticed two interesting lines:

MSI

Did anyone use AGTH/ATLAS combo on this game and made it?

If you did it can you pls tell me how? :(

I had 0 luck with it so far......because its a studio e.go game. :/

Yup, I used it. I suppose the problem you're having is that the loader (autorun.exe) will start with AGTH, but when the real game process (ruins.exe) starts it closes AGTH. Here's what you have to do:

1) start the game without using the agth method... That is, simply run autorun.exe, an click on the start game button.

2) when you are in the game menu, press CTRL+ALT+CANC to bring up the task manager, look for the "ruins.exe" process and note down its PID. If you don't see the PID column, click on View, and select something like "choose columns" or something like that (my win is in IT, so IDK what term is used in yours :P ). Then pick the PID column and click ok. Anyway, one way or another make sure you know what the PID of Ruins.exe is. Since the PID changes every time the game is run, you'll have to do this every time.

3) Click on Start, Run, enter "cmd" without quotes and hit Enter. That'll open DOS shell. Navigate 'till you reach the folder you installed AGTH in (I suppose you know how to do it, if not let me know) then write:

agth.exe /c /p####

where #### is the PID you noted down, and hit enter. If everything went right, AGTH should start and it should be hooked to the game. Start ATLAS as usual and see if works :)

The /p switch is used to manually specify the process you want to hook, it's quite handy.

I must warn you, although I managed to make AGTH run correctly, I still had problems. For some reason the hooker only got the last part of the sentences, so it wasn't that useful. I tried running it with the /v /x switches, but it wasn't enough. It would probably be possible to make it work with some tuning of the /H swith, but I'm not that patient :)

If you want to try go to AGTH website, follow the links to the forum and read the over 100 pages that are there... You'll probably be able to make it work!