DeathMarine

AGA A-GA (エーガ) ~激動の惑星~

Lots of people come here from different sites seeking help. They get it via a download service, google then get this site. Many of the games are installed differently so its bad when someone uses a modified Hentaishare and complains when it does not work correctly. Most of the time the modified torrents do not include the NFO ( and even if it did it would not really apply ). Happens daily here and it makes DM look bad.

Look at step 2 of the checklist in my sig. You are seeing garbage text because that is what Japanese kanji looks like if your system settings are not set to display Japanese.

Its a given that information is in every NFO file. I guess not. Apologies for jumping all over you. That information really needs to be there. Maybe this NFO is pre-applocal. Either way the help forums have this information available too with step by step how-to's.

Thanks for the help :wacko:

Been a while since I studied but I think its saying to install media player 9.

Thanks, but anyone mind giving me the full translation please, so i know what it completely says XD just in case, hehe... since i doubt many people who played this game needed WMP 9..? Since i think ever uses the newest version..11.. lol thanks

If someone hasn't' translated this by monday I'll pick up the next book in my study material just for you. ( I actually picked up the book and flipped through 304 pages ). Several of those kanji are not in the "First 750" kanji that people learn so I need the 2nd book.

The message on the blue bar simply says "error".

The 2nd line of dialog ( excluding the title bar ) definitely says "install please", referencing media player 9 on the first line as indicated by the particle ? just after "Windows Media Player 9".

The first line of dialog has a verb with a negative tense in it. Probably indicating that something is missing/lacking and the final line of text is asking you to "please (insertverbhere)". That's the best you are gonna get from me until like Tuesday or so.

Going back to what was said earlier its obvious that Windows Media Player 9 is not current but if it wants you to install/reinstall something that is part of that program then you should probably do it. I'm suprised your still stuck.

Again I'm just a self study with no time in a classroom, but this is what I've gathered so far.

hey. i have a problem. But before that, this game is AWESOME!!!i successfully intsalled it...but for some reason, i can never save my game!!! its so annyoing!!

it always freezes whenever i try to save the game....i used DM's game save patch and it still doesnt work...

How do i fix this?

I ordered the book online since it was not available at a local bookstore.

I suggest you act on your own to fixing your problem with the game. Its not like you don't know where to start. :(

Like many of others that have posted previously, I have been having the video issue as well. The game runs perfectly along with the sound of the video but no video. Not sure what the issue is it seems as if the video loads up and then and when it gets into its first frame or two as its fading in it stops.

Could be a shot in the dark on this one but I'm going to take a guess on it. Its possible this game (originally) is one of those games that only works well with particular technology. Take World of Warcraft for example if you use a ati video card on your comp. World of Warcraft is designed for nvidea cards. Hence a you and the people who use an ati card get a "Error #132" from time to time. Its different for every game. Things like this happen all the time ya just never here about it. Like i said this is just a thought. Just trying to provide insight to the issue. Haven't really gotten down to examining it yet.

Ok, i think i found the problem.

here are the system specs via the illusion web page(please scroll to next face if you dont understand this). :P

??OS

MS-Windows98/Me????

MS-Windows2000 Pro/XP????

DirectX

DirectX8?????????

(Windows2000?7.0)

CPU

Pentium3 1GHz

?Celeron??????????????????????????????

?Crusoe?????????????

????????CPU Pentium4 2GHz???

?Celeron??????????????????????????????

?Crusoe?????????????

???

??128MB??

?WindowsXP??????????256MB??????

??256MB??

HD

4G???????

5G???????

??????

?DirectX8???Direct3D????????????16MB??????????????????????????????

MobilityRadeon7500? ?DirectX8???Direct3D????????????32MB????????????????????????????

GeForce4Go / MobilityRadeon9000?

????

?DirectX8???DirectSound??????????????? ?5.1???????????????

ROM

????

DVD-ROM????

??A-GA?DVD-ROM????????

????

?????????

:wacko:

Now I know that is a lot to take in if you dont understand it. For the most part this is the best translation I could get.

Correspondence OS

MS-Windows98/Me Japanese version MS-Windows2000 Pro/XP Japanese version(Please note the bolded words for DM's sake since he has to constantly repeate to everyone who does not read the instructions he attaches with the downloads.) version

?

DirectX

Environment which DirectX8 corresponded 7.0 (Windows2000)

?

CPU

??????In the case that you use Pentium3 1GHz ? Celeron I am not able to guarantee the action in ? Crusoe that an/the action may become late in the same clock.

??????In the case that you use notebook computer CPU Pentium4 2GHz over ? Celeron I am not able to guarantee the action in ? Crusoe that an/the action may become late in the same clock.

Memory

??????In the case that you use real ?128MB over ? WindowsXP it is necessary real ?256MB over

Real ?256MB over

HD

Vacancy capacity of 4G over

Vacancy capacity of 5G over

Following graphic card GeForce4Go/MobilityRadeon9000 etc. of PCI or AGP connection where install a/the video memory 32MB over, corresponding to Direct3D subsequent to DirectX8 such as following graphic card indispensable MobilityRadeon7500 of PCI or AGP connection that install a/the video memory 16MB over corresponding to Direct3D subsequent to graphic DirectX8,

Sound system 5.1ch surround that is corresponding to DirectSound subsequent to sound DirectX8 the possibility environment where regenerate

ROM drive

DVD-ROM drive ? A-GA becomes only a DVD-ROM version

?

Input equipment

Mouse and keyboard

:blink:

Assuming you all read every word of that. There is one big thing that catches my eye which is Real ?256MB over HD.

If my hunch is correct that a video card that is HD or something along those lines. Now they are talking about video memory 32MB and over so they might be talking about realtek hd audio drivers in that but i cant get that one peice of kanji translated. So long story short if you arent pushing that out in HD I think your gonna have problems. Then again if you look at the direct x thing up there it looks as if it was spacificly made for the directx 8 for Windows 2000. They should be backwards compatible but things are different over there.

Ok there is my two cents if anyone has anything to add please do. I am not 100% sure of this translation.

Yet again another update.

I got a crazy Idea and decided to install he Japanese Version of Windows media player and I may not be able to watch the videos in game but I can on the player.

First of all i would like to say thank you DM for all the nice games you have posted here.

Furthermore i have a problem with this game (or my comp has).

When i start the game i see the screen where it says "Loading" but then it goes dark and an error appears saying that the advrcntr2.dll file is missing. Now I have searched my comp for the file and found it but I think it is placed in the wrong folder.

Could any of you give write the path where the file has to be placed?

First of all i would like to say thank you DM for all the nice games you have posted here.

Furthermore i have a problem with this game (or my comp has).

When i start the game i see the screen where it says "Loading" but then it goes dark and an error appears saying that the advrcntr2.dll file is missing. Now I have searched my comp for the file and found it but I think it is placed in the wrong folder.

Could any of you give write the path where the file has to be placed?

Sounds to be that something happened during download or the program did not install correctly. Did you follow the nfo directions? Your missing a library file somewhere in there.

why not try to search for "advrcntr2.dll" on google. and you'll realize that the game is not the problem.

I just found out it wasnt the game... Thought it might have had something to do with it... Anyway im trying to find out how to fix it so that I can play the game :=)

Yet again another update.

I got a crazy Idea and decided to install he Japanese Version of Windows media player and I may not be able to watch the videos in game but I can on the player.

Did you ever happen to figure out the problem? For the life of me I can't get any video to play in-game as well. On their support page, the solution for "having no video playing" is to have Windows Media Player 9 installed; however, someone on Hongfire mentioned being able to play it fine with WMP 10. I thought it might be conflicts in codecs, but I've just gone through K-Lite, CCCP, and a few others with no success either. Wierd thing is is that I've never had any issues with other Illusion games in the past and my video card can definitely handle it. I do realize the videos are playable outside of the game but I'm reluctant to go that route cause I actually do want to play it. =\

Did you ever happen to figure out the problem? For the life of me I can't get any video to play in-game as well. On their support page, the solution for "having no video playing" is to have Windows Media Player 9 installed; however, someone on Hongfire mentioned being able to play it fine with WMP 10. I thought it might be conflicts in codecs, but I've just gone through K-Lite, CCCP, and a few others with no success either. Wierd thing is is that I've never had any issues with other Illusion games in the past and my video card can definitely handle it. I do realize the videos are playable outside of the game but I'm reluctant to go that route cause I actually do want to play it. =\

Is there anything wrong with the torrent? This is my second attempt at downloading and the file says no archive. I'm using win ace.

Does anyone one else have a problem viewing the movie scenes in the game? Because I get a black screen of death with the sounds still there. Ive tried reinstalling and it still wont show, maybe my computer is being retarded. :S

Same problem as him. The opening movie is not run but the sound still on. And when I start a new game, it's all black screen with voice. I use the save to have all CG and when I play it, once again it's a black screen and sound on. My PC is a Core 2 2.13Ghz, 2GB ram, 512MB VGA (share 256MB with ram) and use win vista (with wmp 11)