DeathMarine

DES BLOOD 4 ~LOST ALONE~

using rar or ace? what are you talking about?

When I extract the .ace file & mount the iso image (with demon tools), I can't access the dvd to install the game. Same thing repoted by NAIRDA and JACKNAPES.

Nairda wrote:

I just recently downloaded this game, and when I tried installing it, it gave me an error saying "Disc structure is corrupted and unreadable". I think someone mentioned this problem in a post above also. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.
Jacknapes worte:

I have followed the checklist, but I am completely unable to run this game. I deleted it, and redownloaded it, but after I mount the file on Daemon, I am unable to access anything. It says that the disc strucure is corrupted and unreadable. Strangely enough, it works with other files. Does anyone know why it would be doing this?

I also get reports that the iso image is corrupt. (BTW I re-hashed DB4 and it is compete.) Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

I'm having this same problem with mounting the disc image.

I tried using WinAce to open up the .iso directly and see if it was a valid .iso file or not. It is, but I can't extract or view the file "? DES BLOOD4 ?LOST ALONE? ?.msi" properly (for those of you who CAN mount the disc correctly, or just open it in WinAce like I did, it should be on the top folder).

WinAce wants to make the characters ?, ?, and ? look differently than they do in the autorun.inf file, which is what I used to copy and paste the file name here, and that seems to be causing the problem. Windows doesn't recognize the characters that make up the file name, so it won't run or extract it. If I try to run or extract the file, I get an error message saying that the file cannot be found.

Anyway, I think the root of the problem I'm having is that I don't have the right character sets installed on my computer. My computer's regional settings are currently set to Japanese, and I could get the first Des Blood game installed and running, so I know I'm doing something right.

Any advice on getting the right character sets going, or am I barking up the wrong tree here and just embarrassing myself? Either way's fine with me, really; it's not like I paid money for this game, after all.

An easy way to see if I'm on the right track here would be for cwaver, Nairda, or Jacknapes to try what I did and open the .iso file with WinAce and try extracting the file "? DES BLOOD4 ?LOST ALONE? ?.msi." I mean, just to see if I'm way the hell off or not. It sure wouldn't be the first time.

I too had the problem with the "corrupted and unreadable" ISO, and I spent the last five hours (off and on) trying to solve it, and came up with the following solution:

Run WinRAR using AppLocale set to Japanese.

Extract the ISO, which started a new WinRAR window with the DVD-files in it.*

Extract those files to the harddrive.

Mount DeathMarine's Replacement DVD file.**

Run the DVD's "setup.exe" using AppLocale set to Japanese.***

* This was where setting my non-unicode language to Japanese failed, because WinRAR switched back to the default language for the new window, with messed up filenames as a result. It only worked when I ran WinRAR through AppLocale. And changing my non-unicode language messed up my Logitech Set Point mouse program, which wanted me to reinstall it in Japanese. Wasn't going to do that. <_<

** Might not have been necessary for installing, but it usually is for copy protected programs, so it probably was.

*** Running the DVD's "db4setup.exe" got me a screen where the highlighted button exited with no install, and another button seemed to exit with the usual confirmation. The "setup.exe" started a familiar install wizard.

After this procedure I installed the uncensored patch and the savegames per DeathMarine's instructions, and at least the stuff under "extra" seemed to work, even though I didn't see any actual saved games.

Damn. Guys, can anyone help me. Can ya upload DVD replacement somewhere?

Didn't you get it in the torrent download? That's where I got mine. You could just download the torrent again and skip the other files if you've already got them.

as always, thanks for the great games DeathMarine! i've installed this game and everything works just peachy except for 2 things which most people had problems with before: the saved game file and the uncensored patches. the saved game file i don't care for much since i'm already playing through my own file but the uncensored patch is more important to me. everything in the extras are unlocked but are still censored. i followed the instructions as according to DeathMarine, which is to move the patches in the directory (should i have replaced the original files in there already?) but still to no avail. i'm not desperate as to demand explanations since i'm already happy enough being able to play it, but i was just wondering since it's been out for a while if anybody knows what to do. yeah this is an old topic but it's such a great game just because esk is in it (^^)

i didnt see any checklist, i also dont understand applocale thing, but im having the same problem with gthe corruption, brand new to these forums so if anyone can help it would be appreciated

hi, I need some help on getting start to the game. afer installing the game, on the main menu there is no mouse icon, i cannot choose or doing anything there.... >o<

It is in this screen:

openwt1.th.jpg

And how I do change the config? in the <root drive>:/illusion/des blood 4, there is no config there. and, before the program run (on the 3 choices, with the second choice is for play, and the last choice for exit), i cannot access the first choice no matter how many times i hit it... >o< (i think that one should be the config right?)

any kind of help would be appreciated...thank you!! ^^

this fcking game wont work and none can reply how the heck they got ir running, can sameone explain step by step. becouse i did everithin with applocal or watherver its names is and nothin, maybe the game is really corrupted.

SAMEONE EXPLAIN IT CMON ! !

this fcking game wont work and none can reply how the heck they got ir running, can sameone explain step by step. becouse i did everithin with applocal or watherver its names is and nothin, maybe the game is really corrupted.

SAMEONE EXPLAIN IT CMON ! !

Being a prick while demanding answers will gain you nothing.

ok so how do i make it to work, i tried wverithing and still got the japanese only thing that annoys me

Explain the problem.

Your initial post "this fcking game wont work and none can reply how the heck they got ir running, can sameone explain step by step. becouse i did everithin with applocal or watherver its names is and nothin, maybe the game is really corrupted.

SAMEONE EXPLAIN IT CMON ! !"

Does not tell us anything.

What do you mean by Japanese only?

Make sure you are using applocal correctly. If you are unfamiliar with the concept I suppose it could be tricky. This link has pictures. http://www2.hshare.net/index.php?showtopic=1364

heh i found a simpler solution for me,i just unzip the iso and install it from there,of course you need your region in japanese,then get the DVD replacement and mount that,then it starts working :)

anyways..i like the game but the H-scene disapointted me..the guy is invisible :S i was excited coz i wanted to pound that women with red hair and green clothing

hi, I need some help on getting start to the game. afer installing the game, on the main menu there is no mouse icon, i cannot choose or doing anything there.... >o<

It is in this screen:

openwt1.th.jpg

And how I do change the config? in the <root drive>:/illusion/des blood 4, there is no config there. and, before the program run (on the 3 choices, with the second choice is for play, and the last choice for exit), i cannot access the first choice no matter how many times i hit it... >o< (i think that one should be the config right?)

any kind of help would be appreciated...thank you!! ^^

I'm having the same problem. Installation went fine but I'm stuck on this screen. Any help is appreciated.

you dont use the mouse, you use the arrow keys on the keyboard..... did you guys never think of trying that?

I've been trying that but it dosen't seem to work. I don't get any reaction at all from the program. I'm assuming it works like DBVR with the arrow keys navigating the menus and z/x for the other functions but the screen dosen't budge. It's like the screen has frozen.

Edit: I found my mistake. I reread the NFO and it says to mount the MDS. I mounted the ISO DVD by habit. The strange thing now is that my Daemon Tools give me an error saying the file cannot be accessed. How can I fix this?

Maybe Frontline can answer that one. I was not able to mount the 2 copies I downloaded a few days ago. When this torrent first came out like forever ago I got it to work then.

Found the problem. The ISO is not detected by my computer once on daemon tools but if I use applocate I can actually go into the CD (even though it's not there?). Anyone who is having the problem I had try looking into the "corrupted CD" with applocate.